Texas Power Bar - Buddy Capps
Many companies sell power bars these days, but few can withstand the test of time and heavy use like the Texas Power Bar by Buddy Capps.
The first Texas Power Bars were made in 1980 by Buddy Capps - Texas powerlifter, expert machinist and innovator.
Buddy forever changed powerlifting with his special steel formula and revolutionary sleeve design, and his bars have been used ever since by thousands of powerlifters and powerlifting competitions worldwide. Texas bar owners can be proud to be a part of the long lineage of this classic backbone of the sport.
The Texas Power Bar was the first, and arguably still is the best power bar.
Shaft Coating: Rust resistant and non-slip zinc oxide.
• Weight - 20kg
• Length - 2.14m
• Shaft - Sprung Tempered Steel
• Shaft Diameter - 28.5mm
• Distance Between Rings - 810mm
• Loadable Sleeve Length - 370mm
• Centre Knurling? - Yes
• Knurling Type - Coarse
• Sleeve Type - Brass Bushings
• Recommended Max Load/Rating - 1500lbs Static rating, 190K PSI Tensile strength. No maximum load for Powerlifts
• Warranty - Manufacturers 10 years workmanship and materials warranty under normal use.
Sleeves are made up of one piece construction with no bolts to lose, and have brass bushings that never require maintenance.
This bar is well suited to any powerlifting application. It is one of the strongest, most robust bars on the market, and is virtually maintenance free.
The Texas Power Bar is the official competition bar of the Global Powerlifting Alliance (GPA) and the International Powerlifting Organization (IPO) and used in many other federations.